Friday, August 08, 2008

The Lonely child - For we are now men with mush, ready to race

The cloud was clear and sky sparkled always with a silver lining. There was no need for a friend or a foe for me. The world was beautiful with just u and me, the dowdy 4-wheeled cycle that kept me going all day. Each gave a perfect balance, for they were there always with me.

There came the friends with all new colors who added new shades and dimensions into me. It was fun to move around and enjoy in the natures arm. The road was painted in all new shades. It was merrier to see the rich colors thrown on self. I had left the dear one in the garage and went out on the road to enjoy that beautiful new life with showers falling all over us. It was all new a world with just bright colors all day.
Time moved on and so did they, roads diverted and the tinkles of the bell were no more there. I traced back my steps to see my cycle for I knew he would always be there. For, only I owned him and no one else there.
There came back a friend from the crowd, he again got fresh new things to play. The game was new and so were his looks for we were big boys now and no more liked the old cycle race. We fought, we cried, we fell, we hurt, we laughed, we smiled for all that we had missed the few days then. The wheels wore and lost the balance. We helped each other to finish to the end of the race.

There came the dawn to say its time to get back home. I wish the day prolonged with no end to it. He dropped me home safe and bit a good bye. Already too late I never saw how he drove back in the same pain. How stupid was I to forget he too had no proper wheels?. Lost in my own world, forgot his pain.

Waited for days for I wanted to race again, for I knew he was the only person who would balance by worn wheels. Friends and foe seemed wanted again not just my cycle in the garage bay. Walked to his door and knocked to say. “Join me in the race for I want to race”. I did not wait for him to say any, pulled him for an arm fight for we were now boys with a mush in the present new day.

The steps seemed to move with no end there, always thought he was right beside me walking the way to pull my cycle out to the race. He had no clue as to where we were going and so was I in the all-new race. All that I knew was, to join the arm fight down the street, for we were now men who shaved. I walked a long way and suddenly saw that my friend was left far behind the road. Is he reluctant to join the fight? Does he doubt his own arms for the fight? Are his legs hurting much in pain? Does he feel he is not the opponent for me to play. I never asked him, what he wanted to say. All I knew was it was time for the arm fight and wanted an opponent to play.

The cycle was old and so were the balance of the wheels. I did not want to be the lonely child on the street not to play. For I know, I would freeze if I stood silent any longer on the cold silent path ahead of me. I knew we would not be the toppers in the street fight out there though I had dreamt the same. In silence, all that he said was only one, u need an opponent stronger than me. Yes I needed a stronger arm that would take me to the race but deep down my soul says, we would somewhere be there for he was the one who drove me back home safe the other day. Who could I say my grief for the day, for he was the only one whom I shared my secrets all day. I have no friend or foe to be the opponent in the game to be played; he was the one who taught me to race.
As a Lonely child standing on the crossroad I sit and gaze, is it a new friend who would join me to the fight or wait in patience to see my good old friend quantum leap the crossroad there. All that I knew was the fight to be played, for we were now boys with mush ready to race.
I no more want to be the only lonely child who could not make it to the BIG street fight down the street, just because my opponents weren’t there for me to play.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kirthiga, this is just awesome